Lots to do! Whether you are a web site developer, database administrator, or programmer, there is something for you. Look over the list below - if you can help, please contact paul at this website (hivetool.org). Thanks!
- Backup database
- DB Server gets weather data instead of hive computer
- Data Warehouse
- Replicate the database on another server
- Populate the database. Back fill the database with historic data from the flat file on each hive.
- Improve database schema for hive data. The data from each hive is now going into a MySQL database.
- hivetool.org. Finish conversion to a wiki. Add instructions, user manuals, and frame drawings
- Stream Video. Stream video from the hive or record it based on triggers. Partially complete. See the video streaming links at hivetool.net. This is a start of the technology needed for the Video Bee Counter.
- hivetool.net. Add drupal access to external database. Integrate Drupal and MediaWiki
- Warning/trouble ticket system to alert hive owner when hive computer goes down.
- Alert system to alert hive owner when a hive swarms.
- Installer for hivetool code (package with apt-get or make?)
- Data Download/Export Tool. Allow users to download a subset or all of the data log. Specify start date, end date, interval, data fields, and file format (csv, xml, ods, xls).
- Calculate Growing Degree Day (GDD) for each hive and add to database.
- Add Comments to data file. Password protected input form that allows the beekeeper to easily add comments to log file.
- Graph Selected Data Set. Input form that allows users to generate a graph based on a selected a date range, interval, data fields. Partially complete at hivetool.net
- Smartphone App. Use smart phone cellular modem for data telemetry from remote yards.